The Comparative study on the Green Marketing and the Digital Eco Marketing in India: Opportunities and Challenges
Kartik Kumar Vishwakarmaα & Dr. Ankur Kumar Rastogiσ
Green marketing is a phenomenon which has developed particular importance in the modern market. This concept has enabled for the re-marketing and packaging of existing products which already adhere to such guidelines. We all know what actually green marketing is, but in recent trends “Digital Eco Marketing” has emerged as an important concept in India as in other parts of the developing and developed countries. It is a new revolution in India in late 1990’s. There is a radical change in consumer preferences and life styles. There has been a change in consumer’s attitude towards a Digital Eco lifestyle. Additionally, the development of green marketing has opened the door of opportunity for companies to co-brand their products into separate line, lauding the green-friendliness of some while ignoring that of others. Such marketing techniques will be explained as a direct result of movement in the minds of the consumer market. This paper discusses how businesses have increased their rate of targeting green consumers and how digitalization has impacted green marketing India and other counties. The paper also examines the present trends of green marketing in India and will also discuss the concept of “Digital Eco Marketing” describes the reason why companies are adopting it and future of green marketing and concludes that though their initiatives are different but goals are similar.
Keywords: green marketing, digital eco marketing, marketing, it, sustainability.
Author α: Student (BBA Auto Marketing 2ndyear) University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (School of Business).
σ: Kandoli Campus, PO-Bidholi, Via- Prem Nagar, Dehradun-248007, UK Faculty Member – Marketing Area University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (School of Business) Kandoli Campus, PO-Bidholi, Via- Prem Nagar, Dehradun-248007, UK.
Beginning of the twenty-first century is witnessing the growing social and environmental issues as a consequence of increased economic growth. Increasing levels of greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere, a hole in the ozone layer caused by CFC releases, widespread destruction of the rain forests, and a growing list of endangered species and ecosystems are just a few of the indicators that all is not well. World Bank (Word Bank Report, 2000) figures showed that nearly half the world’s population lives on under $2 per day. For this half of the world, issues of consumer choice and sovereignty or discretionary spending have little meaning, and promises that the growth in the industrialized economies would lead to a better quality of life for them have generally not been fulfilled.
The present situation of persistent change in ways of life and requests of customers has raised the worry of the associations to tap the advertise with new procedures. Ecological concern is another mantra today to feature their commitment for natural mindfulness and corporate responsibility towards genuine enhancement in natural debasement caused by different variables. Association’s achievement is no increasingly estimated by money related execution, as well as by their natural and social achievements. What's more, the current monetary atmosphere has strengthened the need to get ready for long haul maintainability of association and in addition common assets. The "Triple Main concern" of individuals, planet and benefit is boosting organizations to develop so as to fulfill society and investors alike, and to investigate and measure the capability of more current strategies and markets.
Green marketing is the process of developing products and services and promoting them to satisfy the customers who prefer products of good quality, performance and convenience at affordable cost, which at the same time do not have a detrimental impact on the environment. It includes a broad range of activities like product modification, changing the production process, modified advertising, change in packaging, etc., aimed at reducing the detrimental impact of products and their consumption and disposal on the environment.
Green advertising/ Marketing is likewise named as natural showcasing or environmental promoting. As indicated by American Marketing Association, showcasing of items that are ventured to be ecologically sheltered is called as Green Marketing. Along these lines wide range of exercises are secured under green promoting, which incorporates altering the item, making changes in the generation procedure and bundling, and in addition adjusting publicizing or evacuating any movement that impacts the earth in negative way. Today, the Earth faces more ecological issues than any other time in recent memory, subsequently it is basic for organizations to make and market themselves as condition neighborly. Green advertising is rising as a famous limited time technique attributable to expanded purchaser mindfulness and concerns.
Source: UCLA, Bhatia, M. J. (2013).
Numerous customer strong organizations are presently promoting their items with Energy Star Label expressing that their utilization will diminish the vitality utilization and purchasers can spare a great deal of cash on power utilization over some undefined time frame. For instance, Godrej Consumer Products is advertising its product through green promoting and gives extra motivating force to purchasers to trade their old items with most recent green and natural well disposed items. The promotions attempt to influence the purchasers to embrace a green way of life and contribute being developed of a greener planet. NDTV a noteworthy media aggregate advances green qualities through its battle Greenathon. NDTV Greenathonas they call it sorts out different charitable and social exercises to bring issues to light with respect to ecological issues in the meantime add to the social causes like charge of rustic regions and so forth. Philips is showcasing its Compact Fluorescent Light (CFL) as "Long distance race", featuring its new "overly long life" and energy proficiency. Numerous organizations are presently offering more eco-accommodating options for their customers; re-cycled items are a standout amongst the most famous choices that advantage nature. Organizations are currently concentrating on not to utilize plastic sacks, rather they use convey pack made up of reused paper (for instance, Titan, Tanishq have made a corporate arrangement that the products will be conveyed or given to clients just in the do sacks made of reused paper).
Thought Cellular Limited likewise propelled a notice expressing sparing trees towards their corporate social duty. Kansai Nerolac Paints is advertising themselves as green as they have expelled unsafe substantial metals from their paints and are promoting their lead free paints in India. Dell centers around delivering green IT items under their technique called "Make strides toward environmental friendliness with Dell". Dell items are additionally coming in eco-accommodating bundling with a framework reusing unit packaged along. They are additionally concentrating on green advancements from server farm effectiveness to the utilization of eco-accommodating materials for everything from suspension plan to item packaging. Major electronic merchandise fabricating associations are moving their items with star vitality evaluations that assistance to expend less vitality. More is the star rating (most extreme rating is 5 star) of the electrical/electronic machine, less is the vitality consumed. Nokia has thought of the idea of reusing of telephones to spare the characteristic assets. In 2007, IBM propelled Project Big Green to help customers around the globe enhance its productivity and better improved their server farm assets. IBM has programming and administrations advancements to enable organizations to diminish server farm vitality utilization and cut vitality costs by in excess of 40 percent.
Green marketing is a vital constituent of the holistic marketing concept. It is particularly applicable to businesses that are directly dependent on the physical environment; for example, industries like fishing, processed foods, tourism and adventures sports. Changes in the physical environment may pose a threat to such industries. Many global players in diverse businesses are now successfully implementing green marketing practices.
The Three R’s of environmentalism are:
Green Product: Is characterized as the items made through green innovation, whose characteristics are structured to utilize reusing assets (inexhaustible/toxicfree/biodegradables) which enhances ecological affect or decreases ecological poisonous harm. A maker should offer biological items, which not just should defile the earth yet ought to secure it and even sell existing condition harms.
Green Promotion: includes arranging the different instruments for advancement, for example, publicizing, promoting materials, signage, white papers, sites, recordings and introductions by keeping individuals for making not too bad benefits as a main priority. Green advertiser can draw in clients in view of execution, cash reserve funds, wellbeing and comfort, notwithstanding natural benevolence, to focus on a wide scope of green buyers. Shopper mindfulness can be made by spreading the message among buyers about the advantages of environmentally friendly items. Placing of profiles identified with green promoting on informal communities makes mindfulness inside what's more, crosswise over online friend gatherings. Showcasing can likewise be specifically focused through informal exchange/individual moving.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
This paper is aimed to cover the following objectives.
- To understand the concept of green marketing.
- To identify the importance and need of marketing.
- To study the challenges and prospects of green marketing.
The examination is exploratory in nature; it concentrates on Literature audit, News Papers, Journals, sites and the other dependable sources.
V. REVIEW OF LITERATURE
Kilbourne talked about the disappointment of green promoting to move past the restrictions of the overall worldview. The creator distinguished territories that must be analyzed for their impact in the promoting/environment relationship, in particular financial, political and innovative measurements of the social casing of reference.
Prothero presented a few papers examined in the July 1998 issue of 'Diary of Marketing Management' concentrating on green advertising. This incorporated a reference of the need to survey existing writing on green promoting, an exact investigation of United States and Australian showcasing directors, a depiction of what a green collusion look like by and by in Great Britain, ecotourism and meanings of green advertising.
Prothero, Fitchett contended that more noteworthy biological edification can be secured through private enterprise by utilizing the attributes of ware society to further advance ecological objectives. Promoting not just can possibly add to the foundation of more supportable types of society in any case, as a rule operator in the operation and multiplication of product talk, likewise has a significant duty to do as such.
Oyewole in his paper displayed an applied connection among green advertising, ecological equity, and modern nature. It contends for more noteworthy consciousness of natural equity in the practice for green advertising. An exploration plan is at last recommended to decide customer's attention to ecological equity, and their ability to hold up under the expenses connected with it.
Karna, Hansen, Juslin deciphered that proactive advertisers are the most certified gathering in actualizing ecological promoting deliberately and looking for upper hand through natural cordiality. The outcomes likewise give confirm that green qualities, natural promoting methodologies, structures and capacities are intelligently associated with each different as theorized by model of ecological showcasing used to guide this study.
Jain, Kaur in their investigation of environmentalism which had quick developed as an overall wonder talked about business firms too have adapted to present circumstances and have begun reacting to ecological difficulties by honing green promoting techniques. Green consumerism has assumed a synergist part in introducing environmentalism and making business firms green promoting focused. In light of the information gathered through a field review, the paper made an evaluation of the degree of ecological mindfulness, dispositions and conduct predominant among customers in India.
Donaldson in his study acknowledged in the Great Britain that as a rule the biological disposition of customers changed decidedly. This study reported the solid confidence of customers in the known business brands and in the weak conduct alluding to the "green" cases, which was the primary driver behind the devouring inability to translate their worries past nature in their conduct.
Alsmadi while researching the natural conduct of Jordanian buyers uncovers an abnormal state of ecological inner voice. Tragically anyway this positive propensity and inclination in the "green" items did not seem to have any impact on an official choice, clearly in light of the fact that these purchasers had a more grounded confidence in the conventional items and a little trust in the green articulations. The above impediments were further fortified by the absence of ecological heart by a considerable measure of endeavors and the presence of an extensive size of costs for the same item, a large portion of which incorporated a rash assessment of natural obligation. The same wonder has been displayed in different scrutinizes as well.
SPLENDID RULES OF GREEN MARKETING
- Know you're Customer: Make without question that the purchaser thinks about and stressed over the issues that your thing tries to address.
- Teaching your customers: It isn't just an issue of telling people, whatever you're doing is to anchor the earth, moreover a matter of revealing to them why it has any kind of effect.
- Being Genuine and Transparent: infers that a) You are truly doing what you guarantee to do in your green advancing exertion and b) the straggling leftovers of your business game plans are dependable with whatever you are doing that is condition pleasant.
- Console the Buyer: Consumers must be made to believe that the thing plays out the business, in this firm should not ignored thing quality for the earth.
- Consider Your Pricing: If you are charging a premium for your thing and various normally perfect things cost more as a result of economies of scale and use of higher-quality fixings guarantee those customers can deal with the expense of the premium and feel it's legitimized, in spite of all the inconvenience.
THE FOUR PS OF GREEN MARKETING
Business visionaries expecting to abuse rising green market either by recognizing customer's regular needs or by developing biologically reliable things to have less impact than contenders.
Product: That can be reused or reused. Capable things, which save water, imperativeness or fuel, save money and diminish environmental impact. Items with normally proficient packaging. McDonalds, for example, changed their packaging from polystyrene clamshells to paper. Items with green names, the length of the offer substantiation. Natural things — various clients are set up to pay a premium for normal things, which offer assurance of significant worth. Characteristic butchers, for example, advance the extra characteristics, for instance, taste and delicacy. Whatever the thing or organization, ensure that things meet or outperform the quality wants of customers and is through and through attempted.
Price: Evaluating is a fundamental part of the advancing mix. Most customers are set up to pay a premium if there is a perspective of additional thing regard. This quality may be upgraded execution, limit, layout, visual offer or taste. Regular favorable circumstances are ordinarily an exceptional reward anyway will every now and again be the vital component between aftereffects of comparable worth and quality. Biologically careful things, in any case, are frequently less exorbitant when thing life cycle costs are thought about, for example fuel-successful vehicles, water-capable printing and non-dangerous items.
Place: The choice of where and when to make a thing open fundamentally influences the customers being pulled in. Not a lot of customers try to buy green things basically for it. Publicists looking to successfully introduce new green things should, when in doubt, position them broadly in the business focus so they are not just captivating a little green claim to fame advertise. The territory ought to in like manner be solid with the image which an association needs to expand. The zone must separate an association from its adversaries. This can be practiced by in-store progressions and apparently captivating exhibits or using reused materials to underline the regular and diverse points of interest.
Promotion: Raising things and organizations to target markets joins paid publicizing, promoting, bargains headways, coordinate displaying and on area progressions. Sharp green sponsors will have the ability to sustain normal credibility by using sensible exhibiting and concentrated devices and practices. For example, various associations in the budgetary business are giving electronic declarations by email, e-advertising is rapidly overriding increasingly traditional displaying methodologies, and pieces of literature can be conveyed using reused materials and capable methodology, for instance, waterless printing. Retailers, for example, see the estimation of agreements with various associations, environmental social occasions and examination affiliations while propelling their normal obligation. To diminish the usage of plastic sacks and advance their green obligation, a couple of retailers offer shopping packs, under the flag of the Go Green Environment Fund. The best approach to productive green publicizing is authenticity. Never overstate biological cases or develop fantastical wants, and grant essentially and through sources that people trust. Advance your green capabilities and achievements. Communicate accounts of the organization are regular distinctions undertakings to profile biological accreditations to customers and accomplices.
Green Washing: "Buyers don't generally comprehend a ton about these issues on Green promoting, and there's a great deal of disarray out there in the psyches of the client about what really green showcasing is about," says Jacquelyn Ottoman (Author of "Green Marketing: Opportunity for Innovation.") Marketers now and then exploit this perplexity, and deliberately make false or overstated "green" cases. Pundits allude to this practice as "green washing" which implies attempting to offer the clients those items which are not environment neighborly but rather the organization claims them to be environment benevolent.
CHALLENGES OF GREEN MARKETING
8.1 Need for Standardization
It is found that only 5% of the marketing messages from “Green” campaigns are entirely true and there is a lack of standardization to authenticate these claims. There is no standardization to authenticate these claims. There is no standardization currently in place to certify a product as organic. Unless some regulatory bodies are involved in providing the certifications there will not be any verifiable means. A standard quality control board needs to be in place for such labeling and licensing.
8.2 New Concept
Indian literate and urban consumer is getting more aware about the merits of Green products. But it is still a new concept for the masses. The consumer needs to be educated and made aware of the environmental threats. The new green movements need to reach the masses and that will take a lot of time and effort. By India’s ayurvedic heritage, Indian consumers do appreciate the importance of using natural and herbal beauty products. Indian consumer is exposed to healthy living lifestyles such as yoga and natural food consumption. In those aspects the consumer is already aware and will be inclined to accept the green products.
The investors and corporate need to view the environment as a major long-term investment opportunity, the marketers need to look at the long-term benefits from this new green movement. It will require a lot of patience and no immediate results. Since it is a new concept and idea, it will have its own acceptance period.
8.3 Avoiding Green Myopia
The first rule of green marketing is focusing on customer benefits i.e. the primary reason why consumers buy certain products in the first place. Do this right, and motivate consumers to switch brands or even pay a premium for the greener alternative. It is not going to help if a product is developed which is absolutely green in various aspects but does not pass the customer satisfaction criteria. This will lead to green myopia. Also if the green products are priced very high then again it will lose its market acceptability.
- GREEN MARKETING CASES
Interestingly, green marketing continues to be an issue of global interest. In fact, Google Trends reports that, on a relative basis, more searches for “green marketing” originated from India than from any other country.
Many companies are adopting green for capturing market opportunity of green marketing. Some cases are:
CASE 1: Best Green IT Project: State Bank of India: Green IT@SBI
By using eco and power friendly equipment in its 10,000 newATMs, the banking giant has not only saved power costs andearned carbon credits, but also set the right example forothers to follow.
SBI is also entered into green service known as “Green Channel Counter”. SBI is providing many services like; paper less banking, no deposit slip, no withdrawal form, no checks, no money transactions form all these transaction are done through SBI shopping & ATM cards. State Bank of India turns to wind energy to reduce emissions: The State Bank of India became the first Indian bank to harness wind energy through a 15-megawatt wind farm developed by Suzlon Energy. The wind farm located in Coimbatore uses 10 Suzlon wind turbines, each with a capacity of 1.5 MW. The wind farm is spread across three states – Tamil Nadu, with 4.5 MW of wind capacity; Maharashtra, with 9 MW; and Gujarat, with 1.5 MW. The wind project is the first step in the State Bank of India’s green banking program dedicated to the reduction of its carbon footprint and promotion of energy efficient processes, especially among the bank’s clients.
CASE 2: Lead Free Paints from Kansai Nerolac
Kansai Nerolac Paints Ltd. has always been committed to the welfare of society and environment and as a responsible corporate has always taken initiatives in the areas of health, education, community development and environment preservation. Kansai Nerolac has worked on removing hazardous heavy metals from their paints. The hazardous heavy metals like lead, mercury, chromium, arsenic and antimony can have adverse effects on humans. Lead in paints especially poses danger to human health where it can cause damage to Central Nervous System, kidney and reproductive system. Children are more prone to lead poisoning leading to lower intelligence levels and memory loss.
CASE 3: India’s 1st Green Stadium
The Thyagaraja Stadium stands tall in the quiet residential colony behind the Capital’s famous INA Market. It was jointly dedicated by Union Sports Minister MS Gill and Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit. Dikshit said that the stadium is going to be the first green stadium in India, which has taken a series of steps to ensure energy conservation and this stadium has been constructed asper the green building concept with eco-friendly materials.
CASE 4: Eco-friendly Rickshaws before CWG
Chief minister Shiela Dikshit launched a battery operated rickshaw, “E-rick”, sponsored by a cellular services provider, to promote eco-friendly transportation in the city ahead of the Commonwealth Games.
CASE 5: Wipro Green It
Wipro can do for you in your quest for a sustainable tomorrow – reduce costs, reduce your carbon footprints and become more efficient – all while saving the environment.
Wipro’s Green Machines (In India Only)-Wipro Infotech was India’s first company to launch environment friendly computer peripherals. For the Indian market, Wipro has launched a new range of desktops and laptops called Wipro Green ware. These products are RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) compliant thus reducing e-waste in the environment.
CASE 6: Phillips’s “Marathon” CFL light bulb
Philips Lighting’s first shot at marketing a standalone compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulb was Earth Light, at $15 each versus 75 cents for incandescent bulbs. The product had difficulty climbing out of its deep green niche. The company re-launched the product as “Marathon,” underscoring its new “super long life” positioning and promise of saving $26 in energy costs over its five-year lifetime. Finally, with the U.S. EPA’s Energy Star label to add credibility as well as new sensitivity to rising utility costs and electricity shortages, sales climbed 12 percent in an otherwise flat market.
Source: Essays, UK. (November 2013). Green Marketing In India: Importance and Challenges.
X. THE FUTURE OF GREEN MARKETING
The inquiry that remaining parts, in any case, is, what is green promoting's future? Business researchers have seen it as a "periphery" theme, given that environmentalism's acknowledgment of points of confinement and protection does not work well with showcasing's customary aphorisms of "give client what they need" and "move as much as you can". Proof demonstrates that fruitful green items have stayed away from green promoting nearsightedness by following three vital standards:
10.1 Consumer Value Positioning
- Design environmental products to perform as well as (or better than) alternatives.
- Promote and deliver the consumer desired value of environmental products and target relevant consumer market segments.
- Broaden mainstream appeal by bundling consumer desired value into environmental products.
10.2 Calibration of Consumer Knowledge
- Educate consumers with marketing messages that connect environmental attributes with desired consumer value.
- Frame environmental product attributes as “solutions” for consumer needs.
- Create engaging and educational internet sites about environmental products desired consumer value.
10.3 Credibility of Product Claim
- Employ environmental product and consumer benefit claims that are specific and meaningful.
- Procure product endorsements or eco-certifications from trustworthy third parties and educate consumers about the meaning behind those endorsements and eco certifications.
- Encourage consumer evangelism via consumers social and internet communication network with compelling, interesting and entertaining information about environmental products.
10.4 Some Eco- friendly products in India-
- HANDMADE PAPERS ECO WHEELS
- HANDICRAFT PRODUCTS PAPER BAGS
Digital Eco Marketing Mix: Econess" is a fitting moving trait and how it ought to be consolidated into the promoting blend. Each organization has its own most loved arrangement of showcasing blend. Some have 4 P's and some have 7 P's of advertising blend. The 4 P's of Digital Eco advertising are that of a customary promoting yet the test before advertisers is to utilize 4 P's in a creative way in the event that they needed to embrace the strategy of Computerized Eco promoting.
- Digital Eco product- Digital Eco items are regularly strong, non-harmful, produced using reused materials, or then again negligibly bundled (Ottman, 1997). Computerized Eco based item systems include any or a blend of reusing, decrease of bundling materials, re-utilization, dematerializing the items; utilizing reasonable wellspring of crude materials, making increasingly sturdy items; structuring items that are repairable, making items that are alright for transfer, making items and bundling's.
That is compostable, and making items that are more secure or progressively charming to use (Bhat, 1993; Ashley, 1993; Polonsky et al, 1997; Ottman, 1998 and Charter et al, 1999). The advertiser's job in item the executives incorporates giving item creators with market-driven patterns and client demands for Digital Eco item qualities, for example, vitality sparing, natural, Digital Eco synthetics, nearby sourcing, and so forth., For instance, Nike is the first among the shoe organizations to showcase itself as Digital Eco. It is advertising its Air Jordan shoes as condition inviting, as it has fundamentally decreased the utilization of unsafe paste cements. It has structured this assortment of shoes to stress that it has diminished wastage and utilized condition cordial materials.
- Digital Eco Price- Numerous shoppers accept that Digital Eco items are regularly evaluated higher than regular items (Peattie, 1999; Polonsky, 2001). Advanced Eco evaluating takes into thought the general population, planet and benefit such that deals with the wellbeing of representatives and networks and guarantees effective efficiency. Esteem can be added to it by changing its appearance, usefulness and through customization, and so on. Wal Mart disclosed its first recyclable material shopping pack. The retail shops like Big Bazzar, Life style, Reliance patterns, Nilgiris, Mc Rennett began charging purchasers when they settled on plastic packs and urged individuals to shop utilizing its Eco well disposed sack.
- Digital Eco Place- Digital Eco place is tied in with overseeing coordinations to eliminate transportation emanations, accordingly as a result going for diminishing the carbon impression. For instance, rather than showcasing a transported in mango squeeze in India it tends to be authorized for nearby creation. This abstains from transportation of the item from far away, along these lines lessening shipping cost and all the more imperatively, the resulting carbon discharge by the boats what's more, and different methods of transport.
- Digital Eco Promotion- As per Scholossberg (1993) as cited by Polonsky (1997), Digital Eco advancement causes shoppers to defeat the "best ecological danger", that is, the absence of natural data. To reduce the hole on ecological data through advancement Ottman (1997) has recommended a few Digital Eco advancement procedures. Thus the Digital Eco companies should:
Digital Eco Marketing – Do’s & Don’t’s
- Educate customers on the ecological issues that a Digital Eco item fathoms.
- Empower customers with arrangements by exhibiting to shoppers how naturally solid items and administrations can enable buyers to secure well being, save the earth for who and what is to come. English oil (BP) shows corner store which its sunflower theme and brags of putting cash into sun powered power
- Provide execution consolation of Digital Eco-based items, the same number of buyers see them to be mediocre compared to ordinary items . Indeed, even the names of retail outlets like "Dependence Fresh", Fresh@Namdhari Fresh and Desi, which while moving crisp vegetables and natural products, transmit an intrinsic correspondence of Digital Eco promoting.
Digital Eco Motivation
ITC Limited: ITC strengthened their commitment to Digital Eco technologies by introducing ‘ozone-treated elemental chlorine free’ bleaching technology for the first time in India. The result is an entire new range of top Digital Eco products and solutions: the environmentally friendly multi-purpose paper that is less polluting than its traditional counterpart.
Tamil Nadu Newsprint and Papers Limited (TNPL): Adjudged the best performer in the 2009-2010 Digital Eco Business Survey, TNPL was awarded the Digital Eco Business Leadership Award in the Pulp and Paper Sector. The initiatives undertaken by this top Digital Eco firm in India includes two Clean Development Mechanism projects and a wind farm project that helped generate 2,30,323 Carbon Emission Reductions earning Rs. 17.40 Crore.
Tata Metaliks Limited (TML): Every day is Environment Day at TML, one of the top Digital Eco firms in India. A practical example that made everyone sit up and take notice is the company’s policy to discourage working on Saturdays at the corporate office. Lights are also switched off during the day with the entire office depending on sunlight.
State Bank of India: Digital Eco IT@SBI- SBI entered into Digital Eco service known as “Digital Eco Channel Counter”. SBI is providing many services like paper less banking, no deposit slip, no withdrawal form, no checks, no money transactions form all these transaction are done through SBI shopping & ATM cards. State Bank of India turns to wind energy to reduce emissions.
- Oil and Natural Gas Company (ONGC): India’s largest oil producer, ONGC, is all set to lead the list of top 10 Digital Eco Indian companies with energy-efficient, Digital Eco crematoriums that will soon replace the traditional wooden pyre across the country. ONGC’s Mokshada Digital Eco Cremation initiative will save 60 to 70% of wood and a fourth of the burning time per cremation.
- India's 1st Green Stadium: The Thyagaraja Stadium stands tall in the quiet residential colony behind the Capital's famous INA Market. It was jointly dedicated by Union Sports Minister MS Gill and Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit. Dikshit said that the stadium is going to be the first green stadium in India, which has taken a series of steps to ensure energy conservation and this stadium has been constructed as per the green building concept with eco-friendly materials.
Now this is the right time to select “Green Marketing” globally. It will come with drastic change in the world of business if all nations will make strict roles because green marketing is essential to save world from pollution. From the business point of view because a clever marketer is one who not only convinces the consumer, but also involves the consumer in marketing his product. Green marketing should not be considered as just one more approach to marketing, but has to be pursued with much greater vigor, as it has an environmental and social dimension to it. With the threat of global warming looming large, it is extremely important that green marketing becomes the norm rather than an exception or just a fad. Recycling of paper, metals, plastics, etc., in a safe and environmentally harmless manner should become much more systematized and universal. It has to become the general norm to use energy-efficient lamps and other electrical goods. Marketers also have the responsibility to make the consumers understand the need for and benefits of green products as compared to non-green ones. In green marketing, consumers are willing to pay more to maintain a cleaner and greener environment. Finally, consumers, industrial buyers and suppliers need to pressurize effects on minimize the negative effects on the environment-friendly. Green marketing assumes even more importance and relevance in developing countries like India. Live a green life and let the greenery of nature live forever.
Business has only two functions- marketing and innovation.
- Aggrawal, A. (2010). Factors Affecting Green Marketing In India: A Study Of Metro Consumers.
- Bhatia, M. J. (2013). Green Marketing: A Study of Consumer Perception and Preferences in India. UCLA , 1 (36).
- Sharma, D. P. (n.d.). Green Marketing In India: Future Opportunity For Business. elkjournals, 9.
- Narula S, Sabharwal D (2016) The theoritical Study of Green Marketing in India: Its Importance and Need. J Mass Communicat Journalism S2:007. doi: 10.4172/2165-7912. S2-007
- Essays, UK. (November 2013). Green Marketing In India: Importance and Challenges. Retrieved from https://www. ukessays.com/essays/management/green-marketing-in-india-management-essay.php?vref=1
- Kaur, R. (2017). Green Marketing in India –An Overview. Biz and Bytes , 8 (1), 6.
- Anderson, W.T. Jr, Henion, K.E. II, and Cox, E.P. (1974), “Socially vs. ecologically concerned consumers”, American Marketing Association Combined Conference Proceedings, Vol. 36 (Spring and Fall), pp. 304-11. 3.
- G.1*, D. An Empirical Study on Green Marketing Strategies for Market Sustainability with Respect to Organic Products. RUAS UAS JMC , 03 (02).
- Antil, J.A. (1984), “Socially responsible consumers: profile and implications for public policy”, Journal of Macromarketing, Fall, pp. 18-39.
- Balderjahn, I. (1988), “Personality variables and environmental attitudes as predictors of ecologically-responsibl econsumption patterns” Journal of Business Research, Vol. 17, pp. 51-6
- Bansal, D. A. (2017). Digital Platforms & Natural Eco-digital Eco. International Education & Research Journal [IERJ] , 8.